5 Ways Jojoba Oil Can Enhance Your Skin
Skin care is not just about beauty. Good health and proper skin care go hand-in-hand, and for good reason: your skin is actually an organ, the largest in your body, and taking good care of it is a vital part of maintaining health and wellness.
And essential oils can play a big role in that.
Over-the-counter skin care products may be effective, but they can also be expensive. You also don’t always know what’s in them. Add essential oils into your skin care regiment, however, and you’ll glow with good health!
One we recommend for this is Shaman Jojoba carrier oil.
Shaman Jojoba Carrier Oil is not only an excellent carrier oil (a type of oil used to dilute other oils for direct use on the skin), its potent hydrating properties make it a fantastic choice for skin treatments. Native Americans first discovered the importance and versatility of jojoba by heating jojoba seeds to soften them, then creating a buttery-like substance from them for use in treating burns and to aid in healing.
You can enjoy some of those same benefits with these techniques:
- Facial Moisturizer – After washing your face, apply a few drops to a cotton ball and dab on areas that need moisturizing. This works on the body, too.
- Skin Softener – Homemade moisturizers are all the rage these days, and for good reason: they’re natural and effective. When you make yours, include Shaman Jojoba Oil both for its pleasant scent and for its effect on the skin.
- Hair Conditioner – Lightly massage Jojoba oil through your hair for a beautifully scented natural conditioner.
- Body massage – Jojoba oil is wonderful for use during a massage, or lightly rub some into tender areas immediately after a bath or shower.
- Makeup Removal – Use a few drops applied to a cotton ball for an all-natural makeup remover.
How can this oil be effective in so many ways? In part because jojoba oil has the same texture as sebum, a kind of oil secreted from our sebaceous glands that keeps our skin hydrated. When using Shaman Jojoba Carrier Oil on dry skin or an itchy scalp, for example, you are essentially helping your body replace something it may not be producing enough of.
While in theory this might mean that jojoba oil is not good for use by those with naturally oily skin, in fact, this oil is also effective in removing excess skin oils and sticky buildups. It has been used to treat acne and eczema, among other skin conditions, for that reason.
So if you’d like to have healthier skin that looks and feels more alive, consider incorporating jojoba oil into your routine. Your skin will thank you for it!
For more information on Shaman Essential Oils, contact us at HELLO@SHAMANOILS.COM.
Disclaimer: Essential oils or aromatherapy products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent disease. This content is for informational purposes only and is not intended to diagnose, treat, or cure any disease. Use of this page should not be considered medical advice and cannot replace medical consultation with a qualified health professional. Please consult with a qualified medical professional to address specific health concerns you might have. Pregnant or lactating women and persons with known medical conditions should consult a physician prior to the use of any aromatherapy product. The information contained herein is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment.